A Manager’s World
What does it mean to be a manager? What does my staff expect? What does my boss expect? Having a clear answer on these questions establishes a strong foundation for being a successful manager.
Congratulations! You’re a manager…now what? One person in the team keeps dropping their problems on your desk; another won’t stop asking for a raise and your clients are less than enthusiastic about your team. Solution: Hide?
Actually, there’s a better solution. We are hardwired to be the ones to save the day, yet being a successful manager means enabling your team to save the day. This transition is what makes the difference in your ability and your team’s ability to have a strong positive contribution in the business.
Managing is a whole new ballgame from what got you into this position. Navigate it with confidence thanks to this workshop.
At the end of this session you will have:
- Defined what it means to be a manager vs. a leader
- Identified your management style
- Learned what is needed to build a high performing team
- Learned how to manage performance (the good, the ugly, the bad)
- Created a plan to increase your staff’s engagement